Transferring your credits to the Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences
The University of Houston's College of Technology and Houston Community College (HCC) has made it simpler for HCC students to apply their Workforce and Technical degrees to a baccalaureate degree in Retailing and Consumer Science at the University of Houston. The articulation agreement signed by both schools will allow for a seamless curriculum transition for transfer students to pursue a degree in CSM without loss of credits or duplication of coursework.
Retailing and Consumer Science explores consumer-oriented business practices. Students will build upon their technical and workforce skills by gaining additional knowledge in management, sales, marketing and entrepreneurship. Graduates of the program go on to work in a wide variety of industries, building successful careers in sales, management, operations, logistics and supply chain management and as small business owners.
Students who have completed an Associates of Applied Science in one of the programs listed below are eligible to transfer to the University of Houston's Retailing and Consumer Science bachelor's degree under the agreement.
- Business Administration – Accounting
- Business Administration – Human Resource Management
- Business Administration – International
- BusinessBusiness Administration – Management
- Childhood Development
- Digital Communications
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Finance – Banking
- Interior Design
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain Logistics
- Real Estate
- Real Estate – Mortgage Lending
- Technical Communication
- Travel and Tourism
How to apply
- Complete one of the approved programs from any HCCS campus
- Apply and be admitted to the University of Houston. Admission information is available here
- Submit transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
- List your major as Retailing and Consumer Science.
- Attend the University's mandatory orientation
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor at 713-743-4100
- Inform your advisor you are transferring under an articulation agreement
- Complete an approved technical program from any HCCS campus with the courses indicated on the attached curriculum guide and complete the coordinated program of study for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Retailing and Consumer Science at UH.
- Students may transfer up to the maximum number of credit hours as stipulated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to UH.
- When applying to UH, an official transcript from Houston Community College System must be sent to UH's Office of Admissions. Students must request this transcript from the Houston Community College System Registrar.
- Students may transfer up to the maximum number of lower-division credit hours from HCCS towards the Bachelor of Science degree as stipulated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Continuing Education course work cannot be transferred.
- Courses in the area of technical concentration with a grade of "C" or better will be accepted for transfer to UH. A course in the area of technical concentration that was completed with a grade of less than "C" will not transfer and will have to be repeated.
- Any grade earned in an academic course that is below "C-" (1.67 on a 4.0 GPA scale) is not transferable or applicable towards degree requirements.
- Students must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours, with 36 hours of advanced (3000 and 4000) level courses taken at UH.
- Students interested in transferring to UH should contact a UH program advisor early, before completing an admission application.