Policies and Procedures
Pre Grad status allows students not admitted to the graduate program to take up to 12 graduate level credits, but there are restrictions and applicants are not guaranteed admission.
- Students may take no more than 12 graduate level credits. If a student takes more than 12 credits, the courses will not be applied toward the graduate program.
- Students are non-degree seeking
- Students will not qualify for financial aid or scholarships
- Students will need to apply to the graduate program to be considered for graduate admissions; this includes a new application and fee.
- 2.75 minimum GPA for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate course work
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Some programs may require additional technical knowledge gained through professional experience and/or academic study. For a list of program-specific requirements, please see the graduate applicants FAQ page.
Application Process (applying Pre-Grad)
Student Submission Requirements
- Application (Student will need to apply to a College of Technology Graduate Program)
- Official Transcripts
- Official TOEFL Score (waived with a degree earned from an English-speaking country)
- Application Fee
- Letter of Intent that identifies intent to apply Pre-Grad
Please submit materials to:
University of Houston
College of Technology
Attention: ASC/Graduate Admissions
300 Technology Building
Houston, TX 77204-4021
Application and application supporting document deadlines
|Term||Application Deadline||International Application Deadline|
|Fall||July 1||PreGrad is a non degree seeking status, therefore students on a visa that requires enrollment cannot apply as PreGrad. For international students without visa restrictions, the fall application deadline is April 1.|
|Spring||December 1||PreGrad is a non degree seeking status, therefore students on a visa that requires enrollment cannot apply as PreGrad. For international students without visa restrictions, the spring application deadline is October 1.|
For further information, please contact graduate advisor Danielle Brady.
We look forward to receiving your application!