Admission Procedures for Graduate School
Required Items for Admission to Graduate School
- Submit an on-line application through Apply Texas Application.
- Application Fee: The application fee for all applicants to graduate programs in the College of Technology is $75. International applicants must also pay an additional $75 International Application processing fee for a total of $150.
- 2 Official Transcripts reflecting your Bachelor's Degree (They must arrive in a sealed envelope from your college or university.)
- 2 Official Transcripts of any coursework since your Bachelor's degree (They must arrive in a sealed envelope from your college or university.)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation. You may submit the form, a letter, or both. References should be academic or professional.
- Letter of Intent: A letter of intent is a 1-2 page essay describing your current employment and your professional intentions. You may want to identify aspects of your previous experience that indicate promise in your selected goal. You may also wish to discuss special circumstances, unique experiences, etc.
- Appropriate Exam Scores - Please submit official exam scores. Please select one appropriate exam from the list below; an X indicates this is an exam option for this program. Please note exams must have been completed within the last 5 years. In addition, you can use the UH Testing Service to schedule your exam.
|Exam||Average Score||Programs Accepting this Exam|
|GRE||300 (Q&V combined); 3.5 (A)||All COT Master's Programs|
|GMAT||550||FSC, GR, HRD, TPM, SCLT, and ISS|
|MAT||400||FSC, GR, and HRD|
All of these materials should be sent to:
University of Houston
College of Technology
Attention: ASC/Graduate Admissions
300 Technology Building
Houston, TX 77204-4021
Materials submitted directly to the Office of Admissions will delay application processing time by two to six weeks.
The College of Technology has the following deadlines:
|Application and application supporting document deadlines|
|Fall:||July 1st||April 1st for International Applicants|
|Spring:||December 1st||October 1st for International Applicants|