Required Items for Admission to Graduate School
- Submit an online application through the Office of the Graduate School.
- Application Fee: The application fee for all applicants to graduate programs in the College of Technology is $75. International applicants must also pay an additional $75 International Application processing fee for a total of $150.
- 1 Official Transcript reflecting your Bachelor's Degree (Must arrive in a sealed envelope from your college or university.)
- 1 Official Transcript of any coursework since your Bachelor's degree (Must arrive in a sealed envelope from your college or university.)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Personal/Goal Statement: A personal/goal statement is a 1-2 page essay describing your current employment and your professional intentions. You may want to identify aspects of your previous experience that indicate promise in your selected goal. You may also wish to discuss special circumstances, unique experiences, etc.
- Resume (optional)
- Appropriate Exam Scores - Please submit official exam scores. Please note exams must have been completed within the last 5 years. International students who are not native speakers of English must also sit for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS exam. The minimum score requirement for TOEFL is 79 and IELTS is 6.5. You can use the UH Testing Service to schedule your exam.
|Exam||Average Score||Programs Accepting this Exam|
|GRE||300 (Q&V combined); 3.5 (A)||All COT Master's Programs|
|GMAT||550||FSC, GR, HRD, TPM, SCLT, and ISS|
|MAT||400||FSC, GR, and HRD|
- GPA Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (A=4.00) on the most recent 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework. Applicants may be conditionally admitted with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a grade point average of 2.75 to 2.99 in a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 semester hours of undergraduate course work.
Information for International Applicants
The following information is provided for international applicants to the University of Houston graduate programs. An applicant is considered international if they are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. UH is proud of its strong and growing community of students from around the world. Last year, UH graduate programs received applications from students representing more than 100 countries around the world.
- Transcript Information - Check here for more information on what materials are requried for an official transcript from your previous international institution. Detailed information will be provided by country.
- English Language Proficiency - Information on English proficiency requirements, which must be met before entering a UH graduate program.
- F-1 Visa Information - Overview of the F-1 process for applications (clicking this link will open a pdf document).
- F-1 Visa Transfer Form - This form should be used by students who currently hold an F-1 visa status at another U.S. institution and wish to transfer the SEVIS Form I-20 to the University of Houston Graduate School.
Materials should be submitted online. Official transcripts should be sent to:
Regular Mail Address:
University of Houston
P.O. Box 3947
Houston, Texas 77253-3947
Express Mail Address:
University of Houston
4302 University Dr, Rm 102
Houston, Texas 77204-2012
GRE/GMAT Waiver Qualifications
The University of Houston Graduate School is pleased to offer a GRE/GMAT Waiver program for UH main campus undergraduate students. To qualify, students must have graduated from the University of Houston main campus within the three years preceding the term for which they are applying. Students must also meet the minimum undergraduate GPA listed below for the degree program to which they are applying. This program only waives the submission of GRE or GMAT scores from the application process and does not guarantee admission to any degree program. Students should be aware of application deadlines for each degree program. The GRE/GMAT Waiver program is part of a pilot program and may be discontinued in future terms.
|MS, Construction Management||3.3|
|MS, Engineering Technology||3.3|
|MS, Global Retailing||3.3|
|MS, Human Resource Development||3.3|
|MS, Information System Security||3.3|
|MS, Supply Chain and Logistics Technology||3.3|
|MS, Technology Project Management||3.3|
The College of Technology has the following deadlines:
|Admission Deadlines for All Applications and Supporting Documents|
|Fall:||July 1st||April 1st for International Applicants|
|Spring:||December 1st||October 1st for International Applicants|
For additional information contact the Office of Student Affairs at 713-743-4100, or email the graduate advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.