Centers and Institutes associated with the College of Technology
Centers and Institutes
The College of Technology is associated with a growing number of centers which explore and extend some areas of our expertise.
- Abramson Center for the Future of Health - Focusing on the future of health care in terms of personalization, decision-making and a free flow of information and technology.
- Center for Information Security Research and Education (CISRE) - Designed to leverage the university's strengths as part of the solution to the nation's Homeland Security needs and deficit of information assurance talent and resources.
- The Center for Life Sciences Technology (CLiST) - Helping to fulfill the workforce needs for the life sciences industry in Texas.
- The Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy - Addresses the challenges of applied research, policy issues and workforce training for current and future employees in the field of logistics and transportation.
- The Center for Technology Literacy - Established in 2001, the mission of the Center for Technology Literacy (CTL) is to enhance the understanding of technological activity in individuals and organizations and to conduct research on the development of a technologically literate citizenry.
- The Center for Applied Technology is currently under development.