The Strategic Foresight program is a 5-day, project-based, face-to-face workshop. Participants learn to anticipate disruptive change and work towards the creation of transformational change in order to influence the future of their organizations, companies and communities. Participants will receive 4 CEUs for attending, and can obtain the certificate if they complete a project within a given number of weeks after the program delivery.
The University of Houston's Strategic Foresight program gave me the models I needed to analyze the futures of my sector (market research) and the futures of other markets. Some of this thinking on the futures of market research has appeared in the Journal of Advertising Research (The Shape of Marketing Research in 2021), Quirk's Marketing Research Review (The rules of engagement: Lessons learned from creating an MROC for Millennials), and a chapter in an upcoming book on the subject (Leading Edge Marketing Research: 21st Century Tools and Practices).
Much thanks to Dr. Bishop for distilling years of study and practice into a week that is both insightful and actionable.
January 2014 - Houston, Texas, USA
- Strategic Foresight Seminar (5 Days) , January 6 - 10, 2014
Downtown Houston Information
June 2014 - Brussels, Belgium
The same program will be offered June 2-6, 2014. Contact Philippe Destatte at the Destree Institute - destatte.philippe (at) institu-destree.eu for more details
Métropole Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
Participants are responsible for their hotel reservations and transportation. The Métropole Hotel will reserve a number of rooms at a special price if reservations are made a month before the event.
Métropole Hotel: Location of Event
- Special "member" rate if reservations is made a month before the event.
- For more information, please visit the Destree Institute Website
Philippe Destatte at the Destree Institute - destatte.philippe (at) institu-destree.eu
May 2014 - Houston, Texas, USA
The same program will be offered May 12-16, 2014.
- Strategic Foresight Seminar (5 Days) - $3,000.00
- Futures Organizers - 20%
- Educators - 20%
Certificate in Strategic Foresight Online
The Foresight program at the University of Houston offers two Certificates in Strategic Foresight:
- The Professional Certificate is the original one-week program offered in Houston twice a year and occasionally in other locations, such as Brussels. Most take the program face-to-face, but the Certificate is also offered at the end of the first academic course in the graduate program, Introduction to Futures Studies.
- The Graduate Certificate is a new program (currently being established) that requires four graduate courses from the academic curriculum.