Are you seeking to enhance your skills, extend your current capabilities, or prepare for a job promotion? A Certificate in Retailing and Consumer Science from one of the country's premier programs will get you that competitive edge in your career.
The department of Human Development and Consumer Science, currently offers five undergraduate certificate programs for professional advancement and/or an academic foundation for participants who wish to transition to the bachelor's degree.
Our certificates include:
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Apply and be admitted to the University of Houston. Admissions information.
- Participants with 15 or more college credit hours can apply as a transfer student.
- Students who have already received a bachelor's degree must apply as a pre-graduate.
- List your major as Retailing and Consumer Science.
- All applications require a fee and submission of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If students are applying for financial aid, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships may request an advisor to fill out a Pre-Grad certification form. Contact an advisor at 713-743-4100 to sign the form indicating you are pursuing a certificate
Once admitted to the university, students must:
- Attend the University's mandatory orientation
- Schedule an appointment with an advisor at 713-743-4100
- Inform your advisor you are a certificate seeking student.
- Check the course offerings for the term you intend to start and select the course or courses you want to complete.
- Enroll for your courses
Courses are offered online and face-to-face on a rotational basis
Upon completion of the certificate, you must submit the application for a certificate along with $150 application fee.
A certificate will be awarded upon verification of course completions.
Students can apply courses from one certificate to a second certificate or to the Bachelor of Science in Retailing and Consumer Science.
Students who have earned or are pursuing the Bachelor of Science degree in Retailing and Consumer Science (RCS) are ineligible for RCS certificates since the RCS degree is a higher level credential and requires most of the courses included in the certificate programs.