Advance your career with a Certificate in Information System Security from the University of Houston in an IA Education Program that is 4011/4014e/4016e certified by the National Security Agency (NSA).
This hands-on, program is for external non-degree candidates seeking up-to-date information security education and training in an NSA certified program.
Certificate program participants complete certificate courses that satisfy the national training and education standards for the duties and responsibilities of Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals (NSTISSI 4011), Information Systems Security Officers (CNSSI 4014e) and risk analysis (CNSSI 4016e). INFOSEC Professional and Officer educational and training standards are a part of the Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program established by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) within the NSA. The Information System Security certificate program at UH helps achieve a primary goal of the CNSS of expanding the use of national standards in information assurance education and training throughout the nation.
Come learn fundamental principles of information systems security, hands-on skills to use as INFOSEC professional and experiences in dealing with various aspects of:
- Incident response and organizational forensics.
- Cryptography methods and practices.
- Security risk analysis and management.
Elements of the Programs
- A focus on Information Assurance education and training as well as a solid grounding in security theory prepares participants for INFOSEC professional and officer positions in industry and government.
- An understanding of the fundamental INFOSEC principles, practices, and methods.
- Faculty expertise in INFOSEC principles, practices, and methods exposes participants to how they can be used to better secure business and governmental installations.
- Laboratory workshops provide participants with real-world IA educational and training experiences.
- An electronic INFOSEC toolkit that can be used to deal with security situations in business and government organizations.