Certificates, Seminars, and Professional Training Programs
The College of Technology offers you several programs for upgrading skills and qualifications in professional fields. These programs draw from faculty within the College and University as well as experts from outside who have both the experience and the certifications to help you advance in your field.
- Configuration Management Certification Courses - This program's goal is to assure that configuration management and related professionals attain a complete understanding of the CM landscape, from principles and processes to effective and efficient implementation techniques.
- Construction Management Certificate - This certificate is designed to meet the needs of industry professionals interested in gaining skills to enhance their career and is suitable for architects, engineers, law graduates, business majors, and other disciplines related to the construction industry.
- Domestic Logistics Certificate - Offered by the Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy, this continuing education certificate consists of 32 classroom hours of learning provided by 1-day and ½-day seminars focused on the multiple areas of expertise needed to be an effective employee in the logistics and transportation industries.
- Graduate Certificate in Foresight - Courses in the certificate are the same as those offered within the Master’s degree in Foresight. Courses are offered online and face-to-face and the student simply takes four core courses. Upon completion, students are issued a certificate.
- Information System Security Certificate Program - Certificate program participants complete certificate courses that satisfy the national training and education standards for the duties and responsibilities of Information System Security (INFOSEC) Professionals (NSTISSI 4011), Information System Security Officers (CNSSI 4014e) and risk analysis (CNSSI 4016e).
- International Logistics Certificate - Offered by the Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy, this continuing education certificate consists of 64 class room hours of learning provided by 1-day and ½-day seminars focused on the multiple areas of expertise needed to be an effective employee in the international supply chain.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Green Belt & Black Belt Training - This program is designed to assist businesses with implementing a quality improvement initiative within their own organizations. Our programs are specifically designed to support businesses by helping them learn to identify and eliminate problems that prevent the achievement of their organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Piping Technology - participants will explore piping design, the effects on overall configuration on preliminary piping design, initial layout, the total system, introduction to pipe stress analysis, detailed piping design, and how all of this influences pipe support and pipe hanger design.
- Professional Certificate in Foresight - A 5-day, project-based, face-to-face workshop. Participants learn to anticipate disruptive change and work towards the creation of transformational change, in order to influence the future of their organizations, companies and communities. Participants will receive a professional certificate and four (4) CEUs (Continuing Education Units) from the University of Houston for attending the seminar.
- Professional Project Management (PMI) - participants will explore new trends in the marketplace such as global outsourcing, virtual team management, and new collaboration techniques necessary for the modern project manager.
- Retailing and Consumer Science - Enhance your skills, extend your current capabilities, and prepare for a job promotion! Five undergraduate certificate programs offer professional advancement and/or academic foundation for transition to the bachelor's degree. Certificates in Apparel Merchandising, E-Tailing, Retail Organizations, Retail Promotion, and Technology Entrepreneurship are available. Each certificate includes 5 semester-long courses.