EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF THE CLOUD
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
|May Session||Saturdays, May 4 – June 15, 2019||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Session FullRegister Now|
|August Session||Saturdays, August 10 – September 21, 2019||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Session Full|
University of Houston
Technology Annex (T), Room 120E
4734 Calhoun Road Houston, TX 77204
- May: $1,995.00
With your registration, you can re-take the full training free of charge within a year .** Tuition includes all course materials and lunch.
Visitor parking is available on campus.
Referrals receive an additional $100 discount from the current price at registration. Contact us for details (email@example.com). Referral confirmation required before applying the discount.
*Discounted early bird price through July 22, 2019 for August Session.
**Up-to five (5) previous participants can re-attend per session. Training session to re-take cannot be full.
Note: After the early bird pricing, we offer a $200 discount for US armed services veterans and UH alumni. For more information, please contact Yada Holton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is what previous participants are saying about this training…
As a technology project manager, I feel I am now able to identify and define requirements for an AWS-based application. The course taught me best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform.
I don’t believe this course offered could get any better.
The professor was extremely helpful and flexible with the material, scheduling (during class and out of class). His experiences, insights, and patience to help students understand the vast amount of material were excellent. Taking the course with other professionals was really interesting as everyone has their own experiences and knowledge to add to the discussions during the course.
Great class. Truly a great resource to learn the AWS ecosystem.
Great course for beginners in IT as well as people who are cemented and went to learn more about cloud computing.
I would like to thank the UH College of Technology and Jose for holding this course. Jose was able to take a mountain of information and present it in a way that was understandable. His experience was invaluable in mapping the various AWS services to common IT applications in the industry…
AWS at UH
The University of Houston is the only AWS Academy member university in the Houston area and among the first to offer the AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification training to help information technology professionals build the skills and credentials and propel their careers in information technology. AWS Academy university members have access to the training content, resources and lab environments developed by the AWS Academy specifically for the AWS Solutions Architect certification exam.
Become an Expert
With the comprehensive, in-classroom, hands-on, AWS Solutions Architect certification training offered by UH, you will build unmatched technical expertise and advanced skills that improve your knowledge, arm you with the latest AWS services, design patterns and architectural best practices; and, prepare you for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. You will also work with a multitude of hands-on labs as well as real-time whiteboard architecture-based discussions on how the AWS services fit and integrate with other services within the architecture.
- Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
- Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
- Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud
- Navigate the AWS Management Console
- Differentiate between AWS storage options
- Understand AWS compute and networking options
- Describe and use AWS database options
- Identify deployment and management options
- Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
- Create a cloud migration roadmap and plan
- Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
- Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
- Create event-driven scaling
- Automate the deployment of cloud resources
- Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies
- Optimize data storage for static content
- Identify best practices prescribed in the well-architected framework
- Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
- Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and video transcoding
- Understand the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam structure and questions
Who should pursue AWS certification?
Anyone interested in understanding the scope of cloud architectures or seeking knowledge in Cloud Computing and AWS, including, but not limited to:
- IT Specialists (Infrastructure, Network, Software Developers, Information Security, Data, Operations, Deployment, Migrations, Administrators, etc.)
- Project Mangers
- Business Analysts
- Development Mangers
- Operations Managers
- Solutions Architects
- Solution Design Engineers
Practical Learning Experience
- Mastering cloud computing architecture design requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills. Delivered through interactive instructor-led classes, students will receive:
- Hands-on Experience with the AWS platform – 15 online labs across the curriculum
- Detailed course manuals
- Online knowledge assessments after each module
- Challenging scenario-based exercises and projects with lab requirements that reinforce topics within the curriculum
- A free practice certification exam
The seven-week training is held Saturdays, plus a review day the following week. Students will receive the unique opportunity to meet the instructor for a specialized Q&A and exam preparation session
Preferred Prequisite Knowledge
AWS Solutions Architect — Associate Certification Content and Exam:
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Awareness of type of networks
- Awareness of network security (i.e. firewalls, routers)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Awareness of On-premise and off-premise infrastructures
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Awareness of layered, multi-tier architectures
- General IT technical knowledge
- General IT business knowledge
UNIT 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
Welcome: Course Overview
CCA 1.01 What is Cloud Computing?
CCA 1.02 Leveraging Cloud Computing
CCA 1.03 Cloud Economics
UNIT 2: Getting Started with AWS
CCA 2.01 AWS Compute, Storage, and Networking
- LAB 01 - Creating an EC2 Instance with Microsoft Windows
- LAB 02 - Build Your VPC and Launch a Web Server
- LAB 03 - Working with EBS
- CCA 2.02 AWS Security, IAM
- LAB 04 - Introduction to AWS IAM
- LAB 05 - Build Your Database Server and Inte ract with Your Database using an Application
CCA 2.04 AWS Elasticity and Management Tools
- LAB 06 - Scale and Load Balance Your Architecture
UNIT 3: Architecting on AWS
Section 1: Introduction to System Design3.1 AWS Essentials Review
3.2 Designing Your Environment
- LAB 07 - Deploy a Web Application on AWS
- Discussion 1 - Forklift an Existing Application onto AWS
- LAB 08 - Making Your Environment Highly Available
Section 2: Automation and Serverless Architectures3.1 Event-Driven Scaling
- LAB 09 - Using Notifications to Trigger AWS Lambda and Lifecycle Hooks
- LAB 10 - Creating an Amazon VPC with Cloud Formation
Mid-Curriculum Project3.1 Decoupling Your Infrastructure
3.2 Designing Web-Scale Storage
- LAB 11 - Caching Static Files with Amazon Cloud Front
- LAB 12 - Implementing a Serverless Architecture with AWS Managed Services
- Discussion 2 - Build an Environment for a New Web Application
Section 3: Well-Architected Best Practices3.1 Introducing the Well-Architected Framework
3.2 Well-Architected Pillar 1: Security
3.3 Well-Architected Pillar 2: Reliability
- LAB 13 - Multi-Region Failover with Amazon Route 53
3.5 Well-Architected Pillar 4: Cost Optimization
- LAB 14 - Launching EC2 Spot Instances with Auto Scaling and CloudWatch
Section 4: Deployment and Implementation
- Design Patterns and Sample Architectures
- LAB 15 - Using AWS Services to Enhance a Web Application