Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences
Students wishing to obtain a minor may choose any approved minor program within the College of Technology. Minimum requirements range from 15 to 18 semester hours of course work, of which 9 must be advanced; 9 semester hours in residence at UH of which 6 must be advanced; and a 2.0 minimum grade point average in all courses in the minor at the University of Houston.
The GPA for minors in the College of Technology will be calculated based upon all the grades earned in all courses attempted or completed for the minor as defined by the minor requirements listed in the undergraduate catalog.
For the official requirements for a Training and Development Minor, see the University of Houston Catalog.
(15 Semester Hours)
- TELS 3345 - Human Resources in Technology
- HRD 4340 - Introduction to Training and Development
- HRD 4351 - Instructional Strategies and Design for Training and Development
Select any two of the following courses:
- TELS 3346 - Wage and Salary Administration
- HRD 4344 - Computer Applications in Training
- HRD 4346 - Training and Development Programs
Prerequisite(s) for minor: ENGL 1304, TELS 3340 or equivalent
Declare This Minor
To delcare this minor, please download the form below and return to the Academic Services Center.