Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences
Students wishing to obtain a minor may choose any approved minor program within the College of Technology. Minimum requirements range from 15 to 18 semester hours of course work, of which 9 must be advanced; 9 semester hours in residence at UH of which 6 must be advanced; and a 2.0 minimum grade point average in all courses in the minor at the University of Houston.
The GPA for minors in the College of Technology will be calculated based upon all the grades earned in all courses attempted or completed for the minor as defined by the minor requirements listed in the undergraduate catalog.
For the official requirements for a Retailing and Consumer Science Minor, see the University of Houston Catalog.
(15 Semester Hours)
- HDCS 3301 - Consumer Science
- HDCS 3303 - Merchandising and Consumer Science
- HDCS 4303 - Merchandising Systems
Select any two of the following courses:
- HDCS 3300 - Organizational Decisions in Technology
- HDCS 3302 - Consumer Textiles
- HDCS 3304 - Visual Merchandising
- HDCS 4302 - Apparel Analysis
- HDCS 3369 - Entrepreneurship
- HDCS 4380 - Merchandising
- HDCS 4386 - Communication Strategies for Merchandising and Industrial Distribution
- HDCS 4396 - Selected Topics in Human Development and Consumer Sciences
- TELS 2360 - Business Law
Prerequisite(s) for minor: ENGL 1303, ENGL 1304, MATH 1310
Declare This Minor
To delcare this minor, please download the form below and return to the Academic Services Center.