Master of Science in Technology Project Management
The following is a list of courses required of all students pursuing the Master of Science in Technology Project Management. For a complete description of these courses, visit the University of Houston Graduate Catalog.
Course Requirements for a Master of Science in Technology Project Management
- TEPM 6301 - Project Management Principles
- TEPM 6302 - Project Leadership and Team Building
- TEPM 6303 - Risk Assessment in Project Management
- TEPM 6304 - Quality Improvement in Project Management
Directed Area of Study
Twelve (12) Advanced Hours of Graduate Coursework. The Directed Area of Study must be approved by the graduate faculty advisor prior to enrollment.
- TEPM 6391 - Project Management Seminar
- TEPM 6395 - Integration Project
Six (6) Advanced Hours of Graduate Coursework. Electives must be approved by the graduate faculty advisor prior to enrollment.
- CIS - 6000 level courses
- ^CNST - 6000 level courses
- *DISC - 6000 and 7000 level courses
- **ELET - 6000 level courses
- FINA 7380 - Real Estate Finance
- FINA 7397 - Developing a Real Estate Project / Market Analysis and Project Feasibility / Multifamily Residential Real Estate Fundamentals / Seminar: Real Estate Case Studies and Competitions
- FINA 7497 - Essentials of Real Estate
- FORE - 6000 level courses
- *GENB 7397 - Decision Analysis in the Engergy Industry
- GRET - 6000 level courses
- HDCS - 6000 level courses
- HRD 6397 - Designing OD Interventions
- *MANA 6332 - Organizational Behavoir and Management
- *MANA 7330 - Legal Environment of Management
- *MANA 7336 - Human Resource Management
- *MANA 7337 - Stress and Work
- *MANA 7338 - Organizational Power, Politics, and Culture
- **MECT - 6000 level courses
- *MIS - 6000 and 7000 level courses
- *PSYC 6370 - Foundations of Industrial Organizational Psychology
- *PSYC 6371 - Seminar in Personnel Psychology
- *PSYC 6374 - Organizational Change and Development
- SCLT - 6000 level courses
- *SCM - 6000 and 7000 level courses
- *STAT - 6000 and 7000 level courses
- TECH - 6000 level courses
- TEPM - 6000 level courses
Please Consider When Choosing Electives
- Students are responsible for ensuring that they meet all course pre-requisites prior to enrollment. Failure to meet course requirements may result in students being dropped from courses without a refund.
- *Courses taken outside the College of Technology may require assistance registering. Please contact the department offering the course for permission to enroll.
- **These courses are highly technical and may require academic leveling. Please consult with the Faculty Advisor prior to registering.
- ^Enrollment in CNST courses requires prior approval. Please contact the department before enrolling.
- No more than 12 credits earned outside of the ILT department (CIS, SCLT or TEPM) may be applied towards a degree plan. If your directed area of study is outside of the department and you would like to take electives outside the department, you will need to submit:
- General Petition to request more than 12 credits be taken outside the department and identify the courses taken outside the department on the petition.
- Submit a copy of your degree plan with the petition