Executive Master's Degree in Human Resource Development
A complete application includes:
- Graduate Studies Application
Online application is available at www.applytexas.org. The application deadline to begin in the fall session is July 1; the spring session deadline is December 1.
When completing the online application please select University of Houston-Main Campus as the target university. Applicants for the Executive Master of Science in Human Resource Development program must apply to the MSHRD program; under Educational Background please write in "Executive Program" for question #3.
- Transcripts-two (2) official, sealed transcripts from all higher education institutions attended; these must be sent directly from the issuing school to the ExHRD program; transcripts issued directly to a student will not be accepted. Official academic credentials and related documents must be submitted in the original language along with a certified English translation (if necessary).
- Endorsement Letter from Senior Level Management-Please ask endorser to place in a sealed envelope, sign across the back, and mail to the ExHRD program.
- Letter of Recommendation-from a supervisor or someone who has worked closely with you; this may be mailed or submitted by email.
- Financial Commitment Letter—(optional) include if your employer will contribute towards the program cost; the cost for the 2012-2013 program is $35,000. This may be mailed or submitted by email.
- Resume—Please provide a resume listing your employment history and outlining your job responsibilities in detail. This may be mailed or submitted by email.
- Interview-will be scheduled after application items are reviewed.
- A non-refundable Application Fee
- A $75 application fee is required of all applicants-The fee may be submitted when completing the online Apply Texas Application; the fee must be paid before application items will be reviewed.
- $75 international student fee—This must be paid by U.S. personal check or money order, payable to the University of Houston; student ID # should be included on the payment.
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Academic Score Report
One of the following tests may be submitted to meet this requirement:
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score above 79 on the internet-based test. The University code for TOEFL scores is 6870. TOEFL scores must be sent directly to the University of Houston from Educational Testing Service (ETS). For more information please visit www.toefl.org
- Official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score above 6.5. IELTS scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the University of Houston. For more information please visit www.ielts.org
Additional Admissions Requirements
The Executive Master of Science in Human Resource Development Program requires a bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution in any discipline and a minimum of five (5) years related business and professional experience. After your application has been reviewed and approved, an interview will be scheduled.
|Semester||Fall Session||Spring Session|
|International Applicant *||April 1||October 1|
* Those applicants who are classified as international by the UH Admissions Office, which includes applicants currently holding any type of visa and those needing a student visa.
NOTE: International students must have a four-year degree from an accredited university to apply for the EXMSHRD program. Three-year degrees are not considered equivalent. There is no bridge program at UH. Students with a three–year degree will likely need to combine it with a completed master's degree from their home country before applying.
Application items may be submitted to:
University of Houston
College of Technology
Attn: Dr. Consuelo Waight
110 Cameron Building
Houston, TX 77204-6020
For application questions, please contact Dr. Consuelo Waight.