Developing Global Leaders
The Executive Master’s in Human Resource Development (ExHRD) is a unique experiential program that develops participants to lead strategy execution by leveraging learning and change from a global perspective. The program enables graduates to leverage learning and change theory, frameworks, tools and techniques that facilitate strategy execution. An integral component of the curriculum is immediate workplace application. Students are required to complete action research projects that relate to change and learning in a work setting. The action research projects start during the first semester and extend throughout the program resulting in a capstone presentation in the final semester.
Who Should Apply
The ExHRD Program at the University of Houston is designed for anyone responsible for learning and change regardless of academic or professional backgrounds. The program is also applicable to those who are expert consultants in their fields and offers opportunities to partner with employers on customizing programs for advanced training of executive change leaders.
Accelerated One Year Format
This program is a 1-year experiential program that includes 12 courses. Courses will be delivered via e-learning and face-to-face mediums using advanced synchronous technology. Following the spring semester, students will complete a 1-week international assignment.
Offered through the College of Technology, the ExHRD Program is based at the University of Houston Sugar Land campus, 14000 University Boulevard Sugar Land, TX 77479.
Sample of Courses
- Organizational Learning & Performance
- Global Leadership
- Designing Organization Development Interventions
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Research in Human Resource Development
Students are admitted on a rolling basis each semester. Requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in any discipline
- A minimum of five years full-time business or professional experience
- A completed endorsement from senior level management and one letter of recommendation
- A commitment letter from participant's sponsoring organization (if participant is financially supported by employer)
- A resume
- Two official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic Score Report (international applicants only)
Interested in learning more about the Executive HRD program? Have questions regarding the admission process? Join us for an information session below:
Information sessions for the Executive Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development are currently scheduled for October 9, November 13 and December 11, 2014 and January 29, February 26, March 27, April 30 and June 5, 2015 at the UH Main campus. To register, please select the link below; session location and directions will be emailed to you.