College of Technology
The TECHNOLOGY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION Outstanding Faculty Award recognizes a College of Technology faculty member who excels in both teaching and in building a sense of community among students. The award highlights his or her accomplishments and career, which have brought credit to the College of Technology. One tenured or tenure-track faculty member, non-tenured or non-tenure track faculty member will receive the Outstanding Faculty Award of $1,000.
- Nominees who are tenured or tenure-track faculty members must be full-time at COT for at least three years and currently hold the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, or professor.
- Nominees who are non-tenured or non-tenure track faculty members must be at COT for at least five years.
- Nominees must have the prospect and intent of continuing as a member of the COT faculty for the next academic year.
- If nominated, nominees will agree to release the annual evaluations of students, department chair or dean for consideration by the selection committee.
- Nominees should have a consistent pattern of teaching excellence and commitment to strengthening the bond between students and the COT. Examples include serving as an advisor to a recognized student organization or participating in student or alumni programs.
- Previous winners are not eligible to win again until after three years.
To Nominate a Candidate
Any faculty member, administrator, student or alumnus may submit the following information:
- An Outstanding Faculty Award nomination form (available in PDF format here)
- Two additional letters of reference, one of which must be from a currently enrolled COT student.
- Brief biography (with emphasis to teaching and building a sense of community among students) and curriculum vitae of the nominee.
- Feel free to include any other relevant information that the committee might find helpful in making its decision.
For further information, please contact Richard Franco at (713) 896-0466 or Richard Akin at (281) 804-0322.