The University of Houston’s College of Technology celebrated students who earned undergraduate and graduate degrees. An awards reception was held on May 11, 2017 at the University of Houston Hilton Hotel to honor their achievements. Honoring nearly 600 graduates this semester, the reception has become a popular tradition that precedes the UH commencement and College convocation.
The Dean’s Medal of Academic Excellence honors excellence in academic achievement, and is awarded to the highest ranking student with a grade point average of 3.75 or higher with the final six hours in residence at the University of Houston. Accompanied by a $1,000 prize, the medal was given to Angela Madoux. Along with earning a 4.0 GPA, Angela has served 10 years in the U.S. Army as Burn ICU nurse and a training manager at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio.
Zachary Moran was named the Engineering Technology Outstanding Undergraduate Student, receiving a $500 award from the department.
The Banner Bearer Award is presented to the highest achieving students in each department at the College of Technology. These students have the privilege of leading graduates into Commencement ceremonies:
- Angela Rose Madoux - Overall Banner Bearer, BS degree in Human Resource Development and Consumer Sciences
- Ethan Jeffcoat – Construction Management Banner Bearer, BS degree in Construction Management
- Jenna Rose Fusco –Engineering Technology Banner Bearer, BS degree in Computer Engineering
- Nancy Valencia –Human Resources Development & Consumer Sciences Banner Bearer, BS degree in Human Resource Development
- Andrew Stiefler - Information & Logistics Technology Banner Bearer, BS degree in Computer Information Systems
- Shanta Ghosh – Graduate Studies Banner Bearer, MS degree in Supply Chain Logistics