Do you know someone with diabetes? Chances are, you do. More than 26 million children and adults in the U.S. have diabetes; 1/3 of them don't know it, and more than 79 million are pre-diabetic. Every 21 seconds someone in this country is diagnosed with diabetes. If current trends continue, 1 in 3 children born today will develop this chronic disease in their lifetime.
Step out; walk to stop diabetes and support research, advocacy, youth initiatives and education. Every fall, thousands of people join the ADA's largest fundraising campaign in the fight against diabetes by participating in the family friendly, non-competitive walk/run. You will enjoy fun activities for everyone: Family health and fitness festival; free health screenings; kids' zone, and more.
- Houston: Minute Maid Park- 501 Crawford Street
- The Woodlands: Northshore Park - 2505 Lake Woodlands Drive
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- 7:30 a.m. - Registration/Check-in
- 8:30 a.m. - 5k Run
- 9:00 a.m. - 3k Walk
It's easy to get involved and make a difference:
- Join the UH team. Register now: main.diabetes.org/goto/UH2011
- Use the online tools for fundraising. Any amount is welcome.