Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences
Bachelor of Science Degrees
The Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences at the College of Technology offers the following Bachelor of Science degrees:
- Human Resource Development - Offers studies in training and development, career development, and organization development.
- Retailing and Consumer Science - Prepares professionals for fast-paced careers in merchandising, management, and the marketing and sales of consumer goods and services in a variety of settings as diverse as the retail and food industries and the growing service sector.
Master of Science Degrees
The Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences at the College of Technology offers the following Master of Science degrees:
- Global Retailing - Students examine the dynamics of worldwide impact multi-cultural consumer behavior, retail analytics, profitability and financial models.
- Foresight - Program focuses on forecasting and planning discontinuous and transformational change by analyzing rapid alterations in external environments and by using systems thinking to increase the chances of achieving preferred futures.
- Human Resource Development - This program is designed for the professional who seeks advanced preparation utilizing powerful tools to facilitate sustainable change in diverse organizations.
Executive Master of Science Degrees
The Department of Human Development and Consumer Sciences at the College of Technology offers the following Executive Master of Science degrees:
- Executive Master's in Human Resource Development - The EXMS in Human Resource Development is a unique experiential program that develops participants to lead learning and change from a global perspective. The program design enables graduates to leverage and transfer their experiences to their respective organizations and professional fields. As a direct application of their experiences, students will complete an action learning project relating to an existing organizational issue.