Developing Global Leaders
The Executive Master's in Human Resource Development is a unique, experiential program that develops participants to lead strategy execution by leveraging learning and change from a global perspective. The program enables graduates to leverage learning and change theory, frameworks, tools and techniques that facilitate strategy execution. An integral component of the curriculum is immediate workplace application. Students are required to complete action research projects that relate to change and learning in a work setting. The action research projects start during the first semester and extend throughout the program, resulting in a capstone presentation in the final semester.
Who Should Apply
The Executive Human Resource Development program is designed for anyone responsible for learning and change regardless of academic or professional background. The program also partners with companies on customizing programs for mid and senior-level leaders. Please see our Advisory Board listing.
Accelerated One Year Format
Students begin the program in the fall and are enrolled for three semesters, one of which is a summer term. Courses are delivered via face-to-face and e-learning media. During the summer semester, students will participate in a one-week, cross-cultural, international assignment.
Offered through the University of Houston College of Technology, the Executive Human Resource Development program is based at the Sugar Land campus, located at 14000 University Boulevard Sugar Land, TX 77479, east of Highway 59.
Sample of Courses
- Organization Learning and Performance - Application of behavioral science knowledge and practices to improve individual, group, and organization effectiveness
- Leadership Development - Application of leader theories, development of leadership competencies, and development of leadership interventions in global settings
- Designing Organization Learning Interventions - Design and implementation of various organization interventions to move an organization from a current to a desired state
- Global Human Resource Development - Application of models, and cross-cultural frameworks related to macro and micro global human resource development initiatives
- Methods of Adult Learning - Application of adult learning principles in facilitating learning and change at the individual and group levels
- Trends in Organization Learning - Explores research and practices related to organization learning interventions
Students are admitted on a rolling basis. To be considered for admission, in addition to submitting application items, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years relevant full-time business or professional experience
- Endorsement from senior-level management
- Letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor
- Complete an interview with the faculty
Interested in learning more about the Executive Human Resource Development program? Have questions regarding the admission process? Join us for an information session.
Information sessions for the Executive Master's Degree in Human Resource Development are currently scheduled at the UH Main campus on:
- October 18, 2018
- November 15, 2018
- December 13, 2018
- February 14, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- April 25, 2019
To register, please select the link below. The session location and directions will be emailed to you.
Register for an information session.