Partnership between Technology Education and the Energy Industry
The Petroleum Technology Initiative (PTI) is an energy industry workforce development initiative that complements current UH programs, and assists experienced employees and project teams in companies.
As a continuing effort to develop new educational programs, the PTI’s primary focus is on involving oil and gas industry retirees, academia and industry subject matter experts, in addition to Greater Houston area facilities and personnel to teach and/or mentor students.
Collaboration with companies, professional societies and organizations is very important. Their support and in-house training opportunities allow UH students to get hands-on experience, and broaden interests and involvement with the energy industry.
PTI’s mission is to equip students and experienced professionals with knowledge and skills needed to find a solution for challenges facing Petroleum Industry, enhance their technical and professional competence and ability to create more value to the Companies.
We strive to grow collaboration with Industry Advisory Board, companies, professional organizations, academia and industry Subject Matter Experts to develop new courses and programs for UH students, as well as for industry experienced professionals.
Since the beginning, the PTI effort has generated strong interest and support from major companies and organizations, including ExxonMobil, Dril-Quip, Merrick Systems, Halliburton, FMC Technologies, Transocean, the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) the Association of Wellhead Equipment Manufacturers (AWHEM) and the Independent Petroleum Association of America, LUKOIL Overseas, PDVSA, Energy Rubber Group (ERG), World Oil, and Offshore Magazine (PennWell).
The Petroleum Technology Initiative and College of Technology would like to thank all companies and organizations for partnership, and their support in sponsoring our programs and projects for the UH students.
Petroleum Technology Initiative (PTI) offers the following benefits to UH Students:
- Overview of the Petroleum Industry - Special one day course
- Petroleum Technology Electives within Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree program
- Petroleum Technology Certificate
- PTI Camp DRIL-QUIP – Fall Semester
- PTI Camp-RED – Spring Semester
- Petroleum Industry Expert Series – Annual event, where students develop networking experience
- Student research projects - Development of publications, posters, e-books
- Participation in the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) and other industry events
- Leading students - Research Assistants working on the PTI projects and programs
Petroleum Technology Initiative (PTI) offers the following benefits to energy industry:
- Certificate Custom Designed Training Programs and Specialty Courses for companies, partnerships, their experienced professionals and project teams - professional development solutions
- Overview of the Petroleum Industry - special one-day comprehensive course for technical teams, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, SCP, HSE, Human Resource, IT professionals
- E-Book – transform your information and knowledge into structured asset, comprehensive tool, easily accessible technical reference on tip of your fingers
- Sponsorship and support opportunities