Custom Designed Certificate Training Programs
These continuing education programs provide professional development solutions to the energy companies, partnerships, their experienced mid-upper level professionals and project teams facing global challenges in the oil and gas exploration, field development, operation and production, global project management.
Participants gain global knowledge about, new methods, technology, and business practices focusing on: deep and ultra-deep water, unconventional reservoirs, and the Arctic.
These custom designed programs include technical seminars, executive courses, workshops, field trips, professional events. Coursework covers the entire on- and off-shore oil and gas field lifecycle, providing a high quality professional development environment where participants create value and maintain competitiveness of their company.
Our instructors from academia and from the oil and gas companies are the Subject Matter Experts in their fields. Inspired by the creative educational strategy in the development of new talent, the SME’s share their knowledge and practical experience which are incorporated into case studies, field examples, workflows, data analyses, individual and team exercises, and problem solving techniques.
As an example: Advanced Exploration and Appraisal - custom designed certificate training program for a major international operator top management team - included executive courses, technical training sessions and workshops reflecting global expertise in unconventional reserves and ultra-deep water exploration, field development, operations, abandonment, as well as oil and gas company business strategy and multi-billion dollar project management. This program was conducted in Houston, Texas, by 18 subject matter experts. Also, participants attended five industry events, had field trips, and learned best-in-class technology from ten companies.
For more information, please contact us.
ERG-UH Oilfield Technology Seminar
Focusing on elastomers and offshore technology
Organized by Energy Rubber Group and Petroleum Technology Initiative UH College of Technology in close collaboration with industry companies and subject matter experts.
This 2.5 day course will provide insights into the oilfield challenging applications and conditions including the following topics:
- Overview of the Oilfield economic challenges and environmental conditions
- Sealing applications using elastomers and high temperature polymers along with an evaluation of various types of drilling fluids and their effects on these materials.
- Description of rubber and plastic testing and various analytical test methodologies
- General discussion on designing with elastomers using FEA
- The design challenges for these sealing applications will be reviewed along with test requirements such as API, Norsok, etc.
- Various drilling and completions applications will be reviewed
- Risk analysis and reliability management plus various types of seal failures seen in the oilfield will also be discussed.
Samples of the elastomers, tools, and accessories will be exhibited on displays during entire technical program.
When: Spring Holidays, March 11 – 13, 2014
Where: Elizabeth D. Rockwell Pavilion – M.D. Anderson Library
Time: Tuesday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Lunch will be provided. Must sign in at start and sign out at conference to receive full CEU credit.