Empowering Biology with Technology
Do you want to make a difference in society? Help tackle global issues like climate change, food or water scarcity, disease and more? Biotechnology, at its heart, is about driving the medical and scientific advancements that can improve the quality of life for people around the world. Our program in biotechnology gives you the foundation in skills to become a part of that effort.
With a focus on either Bioprocessing or Bioinformatics, our Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology program offers flexibility to tailor your degree to your specific interests, educational background and career goals. Our connection to local biotechnology and medical professionals affords several opportunities for our students to gain real-world experience through internships.
Our students are curious and imaginative, and they have a passion for problem solving. If this describes you, read more about our program.
Preview of Courses Offered
- BTEC 3100 - Biotechnology Research Methods and Applications
- BTEC 3301 - Principles of Bioinformatics/Genetics/Proteomics
- BTEC 3317 - Biotechnology Regulatory Environment
- BTEC 3320 - Introduction to Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Biotechnology
- BTEC 3321 - Current Good Manufacturing Practices
- BTEC 4300 - Principles of Bioinformatics
- BTEC 4301 - Principles of Bioprocessing
- BTEC 4350 - Biotechnology Capstone Experience
What Can I Do with a Degree in Biotechnology?
A degree in biotechnology opens up a world of opportunities for you. Here are some of the high-demand careers that you may choose to pursue:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical Technician
- Clinical Research Technologist/Technician
- Development Research Analyst
- Patent Attorney (requires law degree)
- Process Development Scientist
- Scientific Systems Manager
- Zoologist/Wildlife Biologist