Requirements and Application Instructions
The College of Technology Student Ambassadors is an elite group of student leaders who represent the College and assist the College with recruitment and retention of a diversified population of high ability students. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the College of Technology.
Student Ambassadors Recruitment Flyer
Requirements to be an Ambassador
- Two semester commitment;
- Technology students with a GPA of 2.5 are urged to apply;
- All Ambassadors are required to be in good academic standing at the time of applying as well as each semester as an Ambassador.
Requirements of an Ambassador
- Attend five one-hour seminars per semester;
- Contribute 30 hours of service per year or 15 hours per semester (recruiting/public relations events, prospective student visits to campus, representing the College of Technology at various events, etc.)
- Contribute 5 hours a semester to working in the Academic Advising Center.
Ambassadors failing to meet their commitments will be dropped from the program.
The application form and letter of recommendation must be returned to Engineering Technology Department in room 304 Technology (T2) building. The recommendation form should be completed by a faculty or staff member, or an employer. College of Technology academic advisors may not serve as references. Your recommendation form should be confidential and returned in a sealed envelope. Those candidates who are chosen to be interviewed will be notified by phone. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Questions should be directed to Carlos Gonzalez at (713) 743-1881 or email@example.com.