Requirements and Application Instructions
The College of Technology Student Ambassadors is an elite group of student leaders who represent the College and assist the College with recruitment and retention of a diversified population of high ability students. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the College of Technology.
Requirements to be an Ambassador
- Two semester commitment;
- Technology students with a GPA of 2.5 are urged to apply;
- All Ambassadors are required to be in good academic standing at the time of applying as well as each semester as an Ambassador.
Requirements of an Ambassador
- Attend five one-hour seminars per semester;
- Contribute 30 hours of service per year or 15 hours per semester (recruiting/public relations events, prospective student visits to campus, representing the College of Technology at various events, etc.)
- Contribute 5 hours a semester to working in the Academic Advising Center.
Ambassadors failing to meet their commitments will be dropped from the program. If all commitments are completed, a $300 book stipend ($150 at the end of each semester) is given.
The application form and letter of recommendation must be returned to the Academic Services Center in T1 room 108. The recommendation form should be completed by a faculty or staff member, or an employer. College of Technology academic advisors may not serve as references. Your recommendation form should be confidential and returned in a sealed envelope to Tiffany Harris, 108 T1. Those candidates who are chosen to be interviewed will be notified by phone. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 27, 5:00 pm.
Questions should be directed to Tiffany Harris at (713) 743-3658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.