The undergraduate transfer petition form may be used to have transfer credit evaluated as a UH equivalent class or core requirement.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting a petition for transfer credit:
- Fill out the undergraduate transfer petition form.
- Attach the following documents to the petition:
- Your transfer credit summary (available through your myUH account).
- Course description from the institution where you received credit for the transfer course.
- Course syllabus from the institution where your received credit for the transfer course.
- College of Technology majors may submit the petition and supporting documents to the Academic Services Center in Room 108 T1.
The Academic Services Center will send the petition to the appropriate department or college for evaluation. Undergraduate transfer petitions take approximately 4-6 weeks to review.
The general petition form is used for a variety of issues including but not limited to:
- Changes to academic records
- Course overload request
- Course substitution (only involving UH classes)
- Degree requirement exception
- Discontinuing a major or minor
Please be clear and succinct in writing your petition request in the explanation section of the general petition. Some requests require documents to support your request. The Academic Services Center can assist you with submitting the petition.
An advisor's recommendation to submit a petition does not imply that the petition will be approved. The petition is not approved until the college dean's representative or, for some issues, the representative of the university provost office has approved the petition.