Overview of How to Change Your Major
Current UH undergraduate students seeking a change of major must request such a change using the online change of major form (see link below).
- This form is for undergraduate and postbaccalaureate students wishing to declare an undergraduate major in the College of Technology. If you wish to change your major or declare a major for a graduate degree, please contact the graduate advisor.
- Most College of Technology majors require a minimum cumulative UH GPA of 2.0 for all College of Technology majors except:
- Computer Information Systems requires a 2.5 Cumulative GPA for all college level work attempted (both transfer and UH).
- BIOT, CETE, EPET and MEET require a minimum 2.50 UH GPA. Effective Spring 2015. Applicants with any college level credit must have a 2.5 or higher UH grade point average. Applicants currently majoring in Cullen College of Engineering or College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Houston, will be accepted with a 2.25 or higher UH grade point average.
- Biotechnology (BIOT)
- Computer Engineering Technology (CETE)
- Electrical Power Engineering Technology (EPET)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (MEET)
- You must be in good academic standing at UH (not on probation or suspension).
How to officially change your major:
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID UH E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR YOUR REQUEST TO BE PROCESSED. Directions for activating UH email alias can be found here.
- After completing the form, you will be notified within 5 business days at your UH e-mail alias of your approval or disapproval.
- Click this link for the online change of major form to begin.
If you have any difficulty with this application process, you may contact the Academic Services Center at email@example.com.