- NSF CC-NIE: Create a network debugging method and implement on UH network infrastructure. Connect UH and Rice to the 100 Gbps Internet2 AL2S.
- Infoblox Inc: Investigation of programmable networking applications on GENI infrastructure
- GENI (NSF-BBN): Use GENI as a research and development lab with industry partners such as vArmour Networks, Dell, and Infoblox.
- LEARN: Programmable measurements and integration of Texas regional networks with GENI infrastructure.
- GIMI (subcontract - NSF-BBN): GENI instrumentation and measurement infrastructure
- Dell: Split data plane switch architecture.
- University of Houston - Public Safety, IT, Facilities on emergency management portal and an incident heat map.
- Smart Grid Workforce Development (Department of Energy): Design of graduate level programs to answer the needs of emerging smart grid deployments.