2016 ISA Houston Section Scholarships – Apply Now!
Click here to download application form
GUIDELINES for the 2016 Scholarship Program
Following are the guidelines for the ISA – Houston Section Scholarship Program for the 2016-2017 academic school year, as approved by the Board of Directors. Please note this Scholarship is supplementary funding and is not intended to pay for any student’s full tuition for a full term or full school year. Amount of Scholarship may vary from year to year
- The minimum amount of the scholarship will be $1,000 for the academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded to successful applicants who will attend an accredited technical school, college, or university for Fall 2016 and Spring 2017semesters as full time students (12 credit hours for undergraduate and 9 credit hours for graduate).
- Applicant must be nominated either by an ISA Student Section Faculty Advisor or an ISA Houston Section member who has attended a minimum offour (4) ISA-Houston Section monthly meetings or activities during the 2015-2016 ISA Houston Section fiscal year.
- Applicant must submit an essay of no less than 500 words (typed) describing his/her future goals and the contribution that a scholarship would make in achieving those goals.
- The applicant must submit an official copy of the most recent transcript.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the student (e.g. a teacher, coach, or minister) but not related (not a family member or guardian) to him.
- The applicant must submit a completed paper copy of ISA membership application (if not a member yet). Do not pay the fee; the ISA Houston Section will pay for the winner’s dues for 2015/16.
- If awarded a scholarship, the applicant and one guest of the nominating party will be invited to attend the scholarship award meeting/dinner (location to be announced). ISA Houston Section will pay for dinners of the scholarship recipient and one guest.
- All scholarship payments will be submitted directly to the college or university where the scholarship recipient is enrolled to pay for normal tuition, enrollment fees, and textbooks for the college of his or her choice.
- An envelope with address of College Administration/Finance Office must be sent with the application to ISA Houston Section.
- Applicant must send a clear “face only” photo. This photo will be used in our Newsletter.
Deadline for Application: To be considered, the application and associated documents must be postmarked no later than April 6 , 2016. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants based upon the quality of essay, high school or college grades, accomplishments, and the Letter of Nomination. For questions, please contact Mary Cannon or any ISA Houston Section Board Member listed in the section’s newsletter or website.
Mail Application Materials and Official Transcripts to:
Scholarships c/o ISA Houston Section
5868 A-1 Westheimer, #490
Houston, TX 77057-5641
ISA Process Measurement and Control Division 2015/2016 Scholarship Program
The ISA Process Measurement and Control Division (PMCD) is accepting scholarship applications for 2015/2016. Applicants must be nominated by PMCD members and be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to process measurement and control. The application deadline is 15 March 2016.
ISA student members who contribute to the Society early in their careers are apt to become members for the long term. Do you know such promising students? If so, please encourage them to apply. For consideration, the 2015/2016 PMCD scholarship application form is online.
To be considered for the scholarships, applicants must submit the following documents:
• Completed application form
• Letter of recommendation
• ISA membership form, if not a member
Download and view the student scholarship application form.
E-mail completed applications to:
PMCD Scholarship Administrator
More information can also be found at www.isa.org/pmcd.