The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology at the University of Houston is a program accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). With this model, students graduating from the Biotechnology will demonstrate eight (8) program general outcomes. All general outcomes were developed in consultation with the major program constituencies, including faculty, administration, advisory board, students, employers, and professional organizations. The program constituencies regularly review all the program general outcomes.
The eight (8) program outcomes presented below were developed in consistency with the ATMAE outcomes assessment accreditation model.
- Students will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of biotechnology concepts. (C)
- Students will possess the technical background knowledge needed to support biotechnology research activity. (T)
- Students will possess hands-on technical skills necessary for supporting biotechnology research activity. (H)
- Students will show understanding of their knowledge of industrial regulations and the regulatory environment in the biotechnology industry (I)
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to apply research strategies to solve biotechnology problems. (R)
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with appropriate audiences with regard to field of biotechnology. (CM)
- Students will show understanding of management tools and concepts. (M)
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams. (TM)