Refereed Journal Papers Published/Accepted
(* refereed publication; ** student author)
- Iyer, R., Iken, B., **Damania, A. (2013) A comparison of organophosphate degradation genes and bioremediation applications. Environmental Microbiology Reports. doi: 10.1111/1758-2229.12095
- Iyer, R., Stepanov, V., Iken, B. (2013) Isolation and Molecular Characterization of Novel Pseudomonas putida Strain Capable of Degrading Organophosphate and Aromatic Compounds. Journal of Advances in Biological Chemistry. (Vol 3), 564-578
- Iyer, R., Wales, M. (2013) "Identification of Water-borne bacterial isolates for Potential Remediation of Organophosphate Contamination", Journal of Advances in Biological Chemistry, Vol. 3, 146-152.
- Iyer, R., Wales, M. (2012) "Integrating Interdisciplinary Research-based Experiences in Biotechnology Laboratories", Jouranl of Advances in Engineering Education", Vol. 3 (1) 1-35.
- Iyer, R., Kudrle, B. (2012) "Implementation of an Electronic Lab Notebook to Integrate Research and Education in Biotechnology Program", Technology Interface Journal, Vol. 12 (2), 5-12.
- Kudrle, B., Iyer, R. (2012) "A Semantic Lab Notebook for Education", Computers in Education Journal, Vol.22 (3).
- **Givmanesh., A., *Iyer, R. (2011) "Enhancing Bioreactor Functionality in Bio- Processing Courses", Computers in Education Journal, Vol 2, (4), 2-12.
- **Givmanesh., A.,* Iyer, R., Benhaddou, D. (2011) "Integrated Remote Management for Bioprocessing Experiments", International Journal of Engineering Research and Innovation, Vol 3, (1), 75-77.
- *Iyer, R., Wales M. (2011) "Integrating Interdisciplinary Research - based Experiences in Biotechnology Laboratories", Accepted for publication, Journal of Advances in Engineering Education, fall 2011 issue.
- *Iyer, R.S. and Kudrle, B. (2011) "Implementation of an Electronic Lab Notebook to Integrate Research and Education in Biotechnology Program", Accepted for publication, Technology Interface International Journal, fall 2011 issue.
- Iyer, R., Iken, B., **Tamez, T. (2011)" Isolation, Molecular and Biochemical Identification of Paraoxon-Metabolizing Pseudomonas Species", Accepted for publication, Journal of Biodegradation and Bioremediation.
- *Iyer, R., Fitzgibbon, W. (2009) "Building the Future Biotechnology Workforce - A University of Houston Model" Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, Vol 15,( 2),171 -182.
- *Adams, G. C., Surve-Iyer, R.S., and Iezzoni, A. F. (2002) "Ribosomal DNA sequence divergence and group I introns within Leucostoma persoonii and Leucostoma cincta" Mycologia, Vol 94 (6), 947- 969.
- *Saunders, P. P., Arimilli, S., Krohn, K., Muhs, M. A., Alvarez, E. and Surve-Iyer, R.S. (1995) Metabolism and action of benzamide ribozide in Chinese hamster ovary cells. Anti-cancer drugs 6, 1-7.
- *Surve-Iyer, R.S., Adams G.C., Iezzoni, A.F and Jones A.L. (1995) Isozyme detection and variation in Leucostoma species from Prunus and Malus. Mycologia 87:471-48.
- *Surve-Iyer, R. S., and Adams, G. C. (1991) Genetic comparison of ribosomal DNA in Leucostoma species. Mycol. Soc. Am. News. 42(3):45.
- **Mahanadi, Kavya., Iyer, R. (2012) "Remote Control of Bioreactors", Proceedings of the 2012 ASEE Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX
- **Givmanesh, A., Iyer, R., Smith K. (2011) "Enhancing Bioreactor Functionality in Bio- Processing Courses", Proceedings of the 2011 ASEE Gulf-Southwest Annual Conference, Houston, TX.
- **Givmanesh, A., Iyer, R., Benhaddou, D. (2011) "Integrated Remote Management for Bioprocessing Experiments" Proceedings of the 2011 ASEE International Conference, Hartford, CT.
- *Iyer, R.S. (2010) "The Center for Life Sciences Technology - A Model for Integration of Education Research and Workforce Development" Proceedings of the 2010 American Society for Engineering Education, Louisville, KY.
- *Iyer, R.S. "An interdisciplinary Research Based Approach to transform Undergraduate Education", Proceedings of the 2009American Association for Advancement of Science Conference, Washington D. C.
- *Iyer, R.S., "From Nature to Lab to Production- Infusing Cutting Edge Research into Undergraduate Lab Curriculum" (2008) National Science Foundation, Course Curriculum and Laboratory Improvement Conference ,Washington D. C
- *Iyer, R.S., "Research Based Biotechnology Program", Proceedings of the 2008 Council for Undergraduate Research Conference, St. Benedict, MN.
- *Iyer, R.S., "Bridges to the future- Infusing Cutting Edge Research into Undergraduate Curriculum" Proceedings of the 2007Annual ASEE conference, Honolulu, HI.
- *Surve-Iyer, R.S., and Adams, G.C. "Genetic Comparison of r-DNA of Leucostoma species", Proceedings of the 1991Annual American Institute of Biological Sciences Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Iyer, R.S., and Pinson, D. L., (2004), "Laboratory exercises in Microbiology" 2nd Edition. Heritage Publishing Company. Wharton, TX.
- Jeffery, J. Raun, K., Glenn, D., Partlow, N., Gadkari, P., Iyer, R.S., Walker, D., Pinson; D. Dees, K., (2001), "Laboratory Manual for General Biology" Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA.
- Iyer, R.S., and Pinson, D. L., (2000), 1st Edition. "Laboratory exercises in Microbiology". Heritage Publishing Company, Wharton, TX.
Published Book Chapter
- Iyer, R., (2009), "An Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Biotechnology Program at the University of Houston", chapter published, 2009, Best Practices in Biotechnology Education. Editor Yali Freidman, pg 183 -194.
Last Updated: April 2015