DRIVE. BUILD. IMPACT.
Construction has begun on the new University of Houston College of Technology building. When doors open in fall 2019, the facility will be home to new programs and innovative, state-of-the-art laboratory space to impact the Houston-area with skilled, thoughtful professionals.
Progress for week of March 11:
- Conditioned air is in the building
- Elevator being installed
- Concrete floors being polished
- Utilities have been connected to the building
- Bathroom tile being installed
- Grand staircase is installed
- First floor ceilings are being installed
- First floor labs are being completed
- Exterior windows are being installed
- Roof is installed
- Brick masonry ongoing
- Interior walls are being completed
The University of Houston at Sugar Land is building the future. Watch our progress here!
In 1941, local firms contributed funds for the new UH School of Technology. The first technical institute programs began in 1945 and were the first engineering technology programs in the state of Texas. In 1968, the College of Technology began conferring Bachelor of Science in Technology diplomas.
Today, the college is comprised of four departments and a wide range of disciplines, including those programs now represented at UH Sugar Land: Digital Media, Biotechnology, Supply Chain/Logistics Technology, Construction Management, and Engineering Technology.
View from US-59 (North)
Courtyard View (South)