DRIVE. BUILD. IMPACT.
Construction has begun on the new University of Houston College of Technology building. When doors open in fall 2019, the facility will be home to new programs and innovative, state-of-the-art laboratory space to impact the Houston-area with skilled, thoughtful professionals.
Progress for week of August 13:
- Parking Lot #1 renovations completed this week.
- Day Lot #2 being upgraded and renovated.
- Second floor concrete pour completed this week.
- Third floor columns poured this week.
- Underground civil work completed this week.
- Concrete parking around new building started this week.
In 1941, local firms contributed funds for the new UH School of Technology. The first technical institute programs began in 1945 and were the first engineering technology programs in the state of Texas. In 1968, the College of Technology began conferring Bachelor of Science in Technology diplomas.
Today, the college is comprised of four departments and a wide range of disciplines, including those programs now represented at UH Sugar Land: Digital Media, Biotechnology, Supply Chain/Logistics Technology, Construction Management, and Engineering Technology.
View from US-59 (North)
Courtyard View (South)