Student Employee Resources
What is the Student Employment Experience?
The Student Employment Experience at the Student Centers is made up of three parts.
- The most important component is the student’s employment role. We employ an average of 110 students in the Student Centers in 9 different units: Audio/Visual, Conference and Reservation Services (CARS), CreationStation, Customer Relations Managers (CRMs), Games Room, Information Center, Operations, Shasta's Cones and More, and Set-Up. The Student Centers staff and supervisors are invested in the personal and professional development of student employees. These jobs, and their supervisors, provide students with real-world learning opportunities every day.
- The second component of SEE are GROW* (Guided Reflection on Work) conversations. These short conversations are led by supervisors to help students reflect on their learning and make connections between work, school, and career aspirations.
- Lastly, students in SEE get an opportunity each semester to attend professional development training workshops.
What are the Goals of SEE?
- Lead student employees to reflect on what they are learning through their employment role.
- Guide students to connect the learning from work to class and future careers.
- Support supervisors of students to incorporate learning into all aspects of a student employee’s experience.