Students have a variety of options for parking on campus. In addition, several METRO bus routes serve the campus. METRO Van Pool services also are available for students who would like to get to know other commuters on the way to school.
To park on campus, you’ll need to obtain a UH parking permit from Parking & Transportation Services. Students can register for parking through the Parking & Transportation Services website. If you have questions, please call: 713-743-1097. This permit allows parking in designated areas as space permits; it does not guarantee a parking space in any particular lot.
Parking Permit Types
- Residence Hall Exclusive (RHE)
- RHE permits allow residence hall students to park in RHE lots.
- Student Garage
- Garage permits allow you to park in the garage, levels 3-5, on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Economy permits allow to park in outlying Economy parking lots. Two campus shuttles run between the Economy lots and the center of campus.
- Economy Plus
- Economy Plus permits allow you to park in any nonrestricted parking lot weekdays from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. and all day on weekends and university holidays.
- Student Annual
- Student Annual permits are valid in Student or Economy parking lots.
For more information, please see Parking & Transportation Services.