Strategic Enrollment Planning, part of the Office of the Provost, collaborates with University stakeholders to develop the University of Houston’s Strategic Enrollment Plan, which establishes enrollment goals that align with the University of Houston’s Mission. We use analysis of institutional and public data to make data-driven policy and practice decisions related to application, admission, and financial aid processes. In addition, we monitor the University’s progress toward the goals defined in the Strategic Enrollment Plan and adjust course as needed. Our work advances the University Goals of increasing Student Success and enhancing National Competitiveness.
The Office of the Provost/Strategic Enrollment Planning responsibilities include supporting University of Houston’s Mission in the areas of:
- Collaborate with University stakeholders to develop a multi-year university-wide undergraduate Strategic Enrollment Plan.
- Lead efforts to develop application, admission, enrollment, and financial aid policies, in conjunction with the President, Provost, and college Deans.
- Direct the implementation of the Strategic Enrollment Plan and associated policies by ensuring that they are successfully executed by Enrollment Services personnel.
- Set enrollment goals and monitor University progress toward goals.
- Perform analysis and develop statistical models to predict undergraduate success and guide strategies for recruitment, admissions, financial aid, and retention.
- Generate enrollment forecasts based on local, national, and international trends.
- Monitor and abide by best practices in Strategic Enrollment Management and Planning.
- Conduct market research to determine demand for educational programs and undertake competitor analyses.
- Monitor regional, national, and international trends in educational administration and legislation.