Cougar First Impressions 2014 Request for Flash Drives Content
Cougar First Impressions (CFI) has a new program for your department, college, or office to provide our new and returning students with information about your services and student success.
The CFI Planning Committee is currently working to acquire USB flash drives that will be given out to students at the Fall 2014 CFI tables, along with the many other promotional items donated by departments across campus. To reduce paper at the tables and provide students with important information, we want to put files you provide on the flash drives. If we are unable to secure the flash drives in time for this year’s event, we will put your materials on a website that will be advertised to students at CFI.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Deadline: provide final versions of all files by June 20 or earlier if possible; send files to Troy Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student-focused information
- Student-oriented services provided by your department or office
- Information beneficial to student success in studies, job search, or career
- File guidelines
- PDF or HTML files only
- Make files as small as possible by using screen-resolution photos and graphics rather than print-resolution
- Include links to your department’s web pages, non-UH resources, videos, etc.
- Design and UH branding
- All files must be UH-branded, but can include links to helpful non-UH resources hosted either on your website or an external website
- Follow UH style guidelines and brand review policies when designing your files; see the UH Graphic Standards page and related links for information
- We will provide the Fall 2014 CFI “I Chose Houston” artwork for your files upon request
The CFI Planning Committee will make all final decisions regarding placement of files on the flash drives or website and the file listing order.
If you have any questions, please contact Troy Christensen at email@example.com or 713-743-8223. Thank you for your help in providing our students with the information and service they need.