Our founding donor, David M. Underwood, calls the outcomes of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (formerly American Humanics) "the multiplier effect." By investing in a few dedicated individuals to prepare them for effective and efficient management of our nonprofits, the organizations they work for are, in turn, better equipped to serve more clients.
More than 60 nonprofit organizations in Houston and the surrounding area have made a formal commitment to offer quality nonprofit management internships for Nonprofit Leadership Alliance students. These nonprofit partners know that this commitment will not only benefit their organization and its clients, but will also serve to professionalize the nonprofit sector as a whole. The people who serve as NLA intern supervisors and mentors give their time, their experience and their skills, and get so much more in return!
Program Director, Melanie Barr Fitzpatrick can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 713-743-8018
The following organizations provide internship opportunities. Organizations with a are formally affiliated with the University of Houston as official internship sites for the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance and have joined us as partners in the "Student Debt Project."
If you and your organization would like to partner with The David M. Underwood Chapter of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance at the University of Houston, click here!
- Agape Development Ministries
- AIDS Foundation Houston
- Aldine Y.O.U.T.H.
- Alley Theatre
- Alzheimer’s Association/Greater Houston
- (The) American Cancer Society
- American Liver Foundation
- American Red Cross
- Angelle's Project
- Arc of Greater Houston
- Aspiring Youth of Houston
- Association of Fundraising Professionals - Houston
- Baptist Mission Centers
- Bering Omega Community Services
- Better Business Bureau / Silver Sleuths
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
- Buffalo Soldiers Museum
- Catholic Charities
- (The) Center for AIDS Information & Advocacy
- Children at Risk
- Christian Community Service Center
- Communities In Schools
- Covenant House
- Crisis Intervention of Houston, Inc.
- (The) Dawn Project
- DePelchin Children's Center
- Education Foundation of Harris County
- Epilepsy Foundation of Southeast Texas
- ESCAPE Family Resource Center
- Executive Service Corps of Houston
- Ft. Bend County Women's Center
- Girl Scouts, San Jacinto Council
- Goodwill Industries
- Greater Houston Community Foundation
- Harris County Department of Education
- The Heritage Society
- The Holocaust Museum
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Houston Area Community Services
- Houston Area Women's Center
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Endowment Inc.
- Houston Hope
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Technology Center
- MACSC and Housing, Inc.
- March of Dimes
- Memorial Park Conservancy
- Mentors of Hope
- Museum of Cultural Arts Houston
- Museum of Health and Medical Sciences
- Planned Parenthood
- Pro-Vision, Inc.
- Reach Unlimited
- Ronald McDonald House
- Sheltering Arms Senior Services
- Southwest Alternative Media Project
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Houston
- United Nations Association - USA
- United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast
- Volunteer Houston
- The YMCA of Greater Houston
- Youth & Family Counseling Services