The senior or post-baccalaureate Nonprofit Leadership Alliance (formerly American Humanics) Internship is the "capstone" requirement for certification. Placed in a 501c3 nonprofit organization, you will have a professional experience that will put your acquired knowledge and skills to practice in the real world. Students are required to complete 480 hours, usually 16 to 20 hours a week over two semesters.
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance internship is highly structured to provide a synergistic relationship between the student and the organization. The Alliance Program Director will meet with you individually to discuss your career plans and help you research organizations that will best meet your goals.
Requirements for the internship are:
- Senior or post-baccalaureate standing
- 2.5 GPA
- At least one semester enrolled in the Alliance program with active participation prior to applying for the internship
- Completion of or concurrent enrollment in the Alliance required courses
- Attendance at the mandatory orientation prior to the interview process
- Approval of the Alliance Program Director
- Completion of all required assignments including an educational contract, evaluations and final portfolio
The Alliance Internship may be taken for course credit through your major or minor with the consent of the academic department. Elective credit is available through SOCW 4301 Internship in Nonprofit Management. Students may complete the internship without course credit.
For more information on possible Alliance Internship sites please see Our Partners.