Associate Dean of Research and Strategic Partnerships
Room: 303 Social Work Building
Current Curriculum Vitae
Center for Drug and Social Policy Research
Teaching, research, shared governance, and community engagement/community service are four pillars that support a successful academic career in a tier one research university. I strive to continuously engage in all four activities, and to blend them together as much as possible. Social work education and research can play a critical role in addressing the many needs and building upon the many assets of the communities we work with.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Clinical Psychology, Fordham University, Bronx, New York, 2005
Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology, Fordham University, Bronx, New York, 1991
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, 1989
Licenses and Certifications
License-Eligible, Clinical Psychology
Areas of Specialization
Health Disparities; Co-Occurring Disorders (substance use, mental illness, and medical conditions); HIV/AIDS; Family Strengthening; Hispanic Families and Communities
- SOCW 6201/6202 Foundations of the Social Work Profession/Practice Module
- SOCW 7316 Clinical Practice with Latinos
- SOCW 7324 Clinical Applications of the DSM in Social Work
- SOCW 7360 International Social Work: A Comparative Approach (Study Abroad Program to El Salvador)
- SOCW 7397 Transtheoretical Clinical Practice: Cognitive Behavioral Interventions
- SOCW 7397/SOCW 8397/PSYC 4397/HON 4397 Research on Co-Occurring Mental Health and Substance-Related Disorders
- SOCW 8327 Doctoral Level Grant Writing
Health disparities, specifically co-occurring mental health, substance use and medical disorders (including HIV/AIDS) in Hispanics; and family-strengthening efforts with a focus on Hispanic communities.
Click here to view Curriculum Vitae with selected publications.