FACULTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Director of Field Education, Clinical faculty, non-tenure track, 12 month appointment.
Provides for all aspects of the planning and administration of the social work field education program.
- Advises students regarding field practicum learning, including orientation to the field program, placement matching of students to agencies, and problem solving related to the complex mix of field, classroom, professional development and personal issues.
- Serves as field liaison for selected agencies and students; monitors the field liaison system.
- Collaborates the design and implementation of training opportunities for field instructors; consults with field instructors regarding teaching responsibilities.
- Consults with faculty regarding student progress toward achieving field objectives.
- Participates in the design and implementation of an evaluation system to measure and monitor student performance and agency, field instructor and field liaison effectiveness.
- Administers the affiliation process for prospective field agencies and field instructors.
- Coordinates the development and dissemination of information materials and resources to support student, faculty, field instructor, agency and community understanding of and participation in the social work field practicum program.
- Teaches in the social work MSW curriculum.
Masters Degree in Social Work and five or more years of post master’s practice experience; professional license (LMSW, LMSW-AP or LCSW preferred); preference given to individuals with previous experience as a field educator and/or previous work in a social work education program’s field education office, and employment in a graduate social work program.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send letter of interest, résumé, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Paul R. Raffoul,
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Associate Dean for Administration and Information Technology
University of Houston, Graduate College of Social Work
110HA Social Work Bldg., Houston, TX 77204-4013
Tel: 713-743-8085 Fax: 713-743-3267
The University of Houston prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age disability, veteran status or sexual orientation except where such distinction is required by law. The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.