The SGA Emerging Leaders program is an internship experience with the Student Government Association geared towards developing future campus and community leaders. As an interactive learning experience interns get a better understanding of the inner workings and nature of SGA and the university.
Many interns go on to become senators, justices, executive members, and leaders of our campus and community. Through a comprehensive curriculum, interns are offered the opportunity to participate in town halls, network with elected officials at all levels, contribute to campus-wide decision making, and develop their personal and professional skills!
Benefits of the Emerging Leaders program:
- Develop leadership skills, communication skills, and professionalism
- Network with university administration and personnel
- Become engaged within the school community and contribute valuable input regarding university services, polices, and student life
If accepted into the program, interns must meet the following committments:
- Attend bi-weekly general meetings
- Attend bi-weekly senate meeting
- Other committments will be contingent upon SGA events, community service projects, and other opportunities
For more information please contact:
Chief of Staff