Below are general terms and conditions from sponsors that are applicable to awards received by the University of Houston. The information is summarized by agency in the links below in order to provide Principal Investigators and Department Business Administrators with guidance for managing awards.
In addition to the general terms and conditions of an agency, awards may be issued with specific terms and conditions stated in notice of award (NOA) documents or program guidelines. When there is a question about whether a granting agency general terms and conditions rule applies to an award, the following order of precedence should be followed:
- Award-specific terms and conditions
- Agency’s program-specific terms and conditions
- Agency’s general terms and conditions
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200 for federal awards and federal flow through
- Uniform Grant Management Standards (UGMS) for sponsored project awards issued by the State of Texas
National Science Foundation (NSF) coordinates the posting of updated Research Terms and Conditions from the various participating Federal agencies on its website: https://www.nsf.gov/awards/managing/rtc.jsp