The Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) provides faculty assistance in identifying sponsors and funding opportunities, and in proposal preparation and submission.
(No log-in required from on-campus. To generate a general search, click logo at top left.)
InfoEd: SPIN is a product of the University’s integrated suite of services. A module of the InfoEd system, InfoEd: SPIN allows faculty, students and staff the ability to identify funding opportunities and connect with other researchers. It contains a comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities. Individuals can customize their own searches (CougarNet credentials required) and setup periodic emails containing new opportunities.
Search by Cluster
View Shared Searches
Arts and Human Enrichment
Grant Opportunities with Limited Submission
Limited submission proposals have some form of limitation imposed by the sponsor on the number and/or type of proposals an institution may submit in response to a particular funding opportunity announcement. The Division of Research monitors funding opportunity announcements and, when a limited submission stipulation exists, coordinates a pre-proposal process to determine which proposal(s) UH will submit to the sponsor.
The University of Houston provides internal awards to support the development of research within the university through the following:
- Excellence in Research and Scholarship Program
- Grants to Enhance and Advance Research Program (GEAR)
- New Faculty Research Program *announced for 2014-2015
- Small Grants Program *announced for 2014-2015
The Division of Research supports the development of new Core Facilities and enhancement of existing Core Facilities to advance the research infrastructure at UH. Core Facilities are defined as research instrumentation, laboratories, or facilities that will be used by a broad group of researchers within and outside UH. Researchers seeking Core Facility support of less than $400K or more than or equal to $400K may request these funds directly from the Vice President for Research on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Funding Sources
- Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- The Foundation Center
National, Organizations and Foundations:
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- American Chemical Society - Petroleum Research Fund (ACS PRF)
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Carnegie Corporation of New York Council for International Exchange of Scholars: Fulbright Scholar Program
- Ford Foundation
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)