The Division of Research will be rolling out a new protocol submission system called ICON in September 2016!
The first component to be released is the IRB module, which will replace the IRB part of RAMP.
- Electronic submission of initial protocols, modifications and reportable new information and continuing reviews
- Allows for submission of External IRB protocols
- Electronic workflow routing and review, including parallel ancillary reviews
- Integrated meeting management facility
- Automated reminders
- Consent form stamping and watermarking
- Speeds collaborative application preparation by study teams and reduces delays in routing and review
- Accelerates processing of meeting discussions and decisions into compliant records and correspondence
- Keeps everyone notified of important milestones and the need to attend to their part of the process
- Ensures the study team uses only the latest, approved consent form with the IRB's watermark
- Manages the audit trail for all document versions