Our goal is to educate our clients how to exercise safely and effectively for life. Our trainers will work with you to develop an exercise/activity program based on your fitness goals and will closely supervise your progress. Along the way we strive to provide you with enough knowledge, advice and resources that you become comfortable and confident in any fitness/weight room environment.
Personal Training Policies
- Clients must be current Campus Recreation members.
- All clients will be required to complete informational documents prior to exercise.
- We reserve the right to deny services to those participants who may not be able to exercise safely within the parameters of our program.
Conduct of Training Sessions
- All sessions will be conducted on the University of Houston grounds.
- Individual training sessions will be a maximum of 60 minutes in length.
- A session “no show” counts as a session serviced and will be charged to the client.
- All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time of each individual session as agreed upon in the “Training Agreement.”
- Individual training sessions will be conducted as one-on-one training sessions only.
- Personal training will only be conducted by current Department of Campus Recreation personal training staff.
- Clients are required to have their Cougar One card to enter the facility. Receiving personal training does not exempt you from this rule.
Fitness Assessment Only: $15
|Sessions||Cost||Cost (Buddy Session)|
|Consultation||Free (1/2 hour)||Free (1/2 hour)|
|3 session||$25 per session||$35 per session|
|6 sessions||$22 per session||$32 per session|
|10 sessions||$20 per session||$30 per session|
Level II trainers are advanced level and specialty trainers. Packages are sold for 3, 6, and 10 sessions but the price will vary. Please contact them directly for rates.
- All personal training sessions will be purchased at the Campus Recreation and Wellness – Welcome Desk
- All sessions must be purchased in advance of the conduct of any individual training appointments.
- These rates are NON-Negotiable
Personal training sessions are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
All Campus Recreation Trainers are certified through a nationally recognized fitness organization including, National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), American Council on Exercise (ACE), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), or International Sports and Science Association (ISSA)
Personal Training Forms
Use online form
Or fill out both forms and turn in to the Fitness Zone Desk.