Student Parking:

1. How do I get a permit?
You can purchase a parking permit by using the online permit registration website. Click here to see the instructions. All student permits will only be sold online. The permit will be mailed to the address chosen during the registration process.

2. If I’ve ordered my permit online, how will I receive it?
All permits ordered online will be mailed to the mailing address chosen during the registration process. Permits ordered before a semester begins, will be mailed approximately 2 weeks before the first day of class. Permits ordered after the first day of classes will be mailed within 2 business days. A temporary printable permit is assigned by the system and can be used for up to 7 days while you wait for the permanent permit.

3. I ordered my permit and still have not received it. What do I do?
If you have not received your permit and your temporary printable permit has expired, please visit the Parking Services desk at the Welcome Center garage. We will verify that your permit has not been returned in the mail and issue you a replacement permit.

4. It was determined that my permit was lost in the mail or was returned to your office by the post office. Will you re-mail my new one?
No. We ask that you come to our Parking Services desk at the Welcome Center garage to receive a replacement in order to minimize the risk of losing another permit in the mail.

3. What happens if I lose my permit?
No problem! Lost or stolen permits may be replaced at the cost of $25.00 in our office. If your permit was stolen and you have a police report filed, you may bring a copy of that report and we will issue a replacement free of charge. Only 1 permit per academic year will be replaced at $25. Any additional replacements will be at full price.

4. I’m not satisfied with the permit that I selected. May I change it?
Of course! If you would like to exchange your permit, please bring it to our office and we will issue you a new one. You will be responsible for paying the difference if you are exchanging to a higher priced permit. If you are downgrading, you will be issued a refund according to how you paid for your permit originally. For example, if you paid with a credit card, a refund will be issued to the credit card used. If you chose to add the fee to your student fee bill, then a credit will be issued to your student account.

*Please Note*
Economy and Economy Plus permits must be exchanged within the same semester in which they were purchased. If that time has passed, you will be required to pay the full price for the permit that you would like to upgrade to.

5. Do I need to register my vehicle with the Parking and Transportation office?
Yes. License plate information is used by PTS and UH Police to better serve you. PTS uses it to contact you if you are issued a citation as requested by SGA legislation. UH Police uses the information to contact you in case that your vehicle needs to be moved or is in an accident. Having your vehicle’s license plate registered with the parking office will not prevent you from receiving a citation if your permit is not properly displayed or if you are parked incorrectly.

6. What forms of payment do you accept when I purchase my permit?
During the registration process, you can choose to place the charges on your student account (Fee Bill) or pay with a credit card (Visa/MasterCard). If you choose to add the fee to your student account, you can pay the charges using MyUH (PeopleSoft) or in person at the Cashier's counter at the Welcome Center. Please note that it will take a few days for the permit fee to be posted your Fee Bill. For payment options, please visit the Student Financial Services website by clicking here.

7. What is the difference between the student parking permits?
Please view the permit comparison chart and also the detailed descriptions of each permit.

8. If I live on campus where can I park my car?
A limited amount of residential parking permits available for students who live in the Calhoun Lofts. These permits “reserve” a place for you to park on a daily basis and also allow you to use any other student lot on campus after 5 PM. You may also choose to purchase a student commuter permit or economy permit and park in those lots. Note: beginning on July 2010, RHE permits will be sold online. The new policy for RHE permits can be found here.

Faculty/Staff Parking

1. How do I get a permit?
Faculty and staff members will need to visit the Parking Services desk at the Welcome Center garage to complete a permit application and obtain your permit. Alternatively, there will be a period during late spring/early summer when you will be able to order your parking permit online and have it delivered to your department.

2. How do I pay for a permit?
The parking department accepts cash, check, Visa or MasterCard for payment of your parking permit. You may also choose to have the cost of your permit deducted from your monthly or bi-weekly payroll. Please note that in order to be eligible for payroll deductions you must be a regular full or part-time employee that is paid by the university.

3. I am a temporary employee with the university. What are my parking options?
The parking office will provide you with one of our temporary visitor permits at a reduced rate. For a monthly pass the cost will be $22.50 instead of $45.00. The cost of a weekly permit will be $6.00 instead of $12.00. These passes will allow you to park in student lots. Please note: you will need a letter from your department proving that you are a temporary employee.

4. Who is eligible for a staff parking permit?
All regularly employed and benefits-eligible full and part-time staff members are able to purchase a parking permit. Also, Teaching Assistants and Aramark employees may also obtain staff parking permits by coming into the parking office and requesting one.

5. May I use my permit in more than one vehicle?
You may transfer your permit between vehicles as long as it is displayed properly.

6. Where does my Faculty/Staff permit allow me to park?
If you have an Ungated permit, you may park in any lot marked designated as Faculty/Staff Ungated, Student or Economy. Gated permits will allow you to park in the gated lot that you are assigned to in addition to the places where an Ungated permit is valid. Economy permits allow you to park only in economy lots. Faculty/Staff permits are not permitted in RHE lots.

7. I am transferring to another building. Can I switch lots?
Yes. If you have an Ungated permit there is nothing special that you need to do as you already have the permission to use any Ungated lot on campus. However, if you have a gated permit and wish to change lots, go to Parking Self Service in AccessUH and sign up on the waitlist for the lot you’re interested in.

8. I am having trouble with my gate card. What should I do?
Please give Mylien Triet (Staff Parking Coordinator) a call at Ext. 25758 so that we can determine if there is a problem with your card or the parking lot gate.

9. Too much was deducted from my paycheck for my parking permit. What should I do?
If you feel that too much has been deducted from your paycheck, please bring us your paystub and we will gladly correct any mistakes.

10. I am leaving the university. Can my spouse take over the permit payments?
No. If you have a permit and have terminated your employment you must return your parking permit to the parking office in order to clear that item off of your termination checklist.

Follow Us