Financial Assistance and Programs

The Provost's Office sponsors or supports the following scholarships and financial assistance for students.

Financial Incentives for On-Time Graduation

To support students in the timely and successful completion of their academic careers, the Provost's office would like to direct students' attention to a some of the financial incentives available to them for on-track and on-time graduation.

Go to to learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply for:

  • Tuition Rebate
    $1,000 may be earned for timely graduation

The Provost's Undergraduate Research Scholarship (PURS)

This program provides talented UH Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to participate in a research project under the direction of a UH faculty mentor. University Scholars receive scholarship dollars for one semester of research. For detailed information, see:


The Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF-UH)

Along with the Vice President for Research, The Honors College, the Cullen College of Engineering, and the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, the Provost's office contributes funding to the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship program at the University of Houston (SURF-UH). The SURF program provides an opportunity for rising UH sophomores, juniors and seniors to participate in a focused, full-time, 10-week research experience under the direction of UH faculty. For more information, see:


OISP - study abroad scholarships

The Office of International Studies and Programs (OISP) offers scholarships to help students enrich their education through study in other countries. For more information, contact the OISP.



Undergraduate Scholars at UH assists students in locating both paid and unpaid internships and work-study placements related to their studies and interests. For more information, contact Undergraduate Scholars at UH.


Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Sponsored by the United States government, this international educational program is hosted at UH by the Office of Undergraduate Studies. Recipients are granted a scholarship to study abroad for one year. For more information, contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies.