For 2017-18, Swansea University is offering Erasmus+ faculty mobility grants for faculty from Texas Strategic Partnership universities to undertake short teaching visits to Swansea University.
About the Awards
- The grants are designed to support visits of up to 11 days (two of which will be travel days). Visits can be of a shorter duration but must comprise a minimum of 5 working days.
- Recipients are required to deliver 8 hours of teaching per week to students at Swansea University during the visit. For visits exceeding one week, the teaching requirement will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
- Visits may take place at any time but must be completed by May 31, 2018.
- In advance of submitting an application, applicants should identify a relevant host College, Department or subject area at Swansea University with whom they will agree the timing and details of their visit. An invitation letter from the host College or Department will need to be submitted with the application. Prospective applicants requiring assistance with identifying a suitable host College, Department or subject area at Swansea University should contact Dr Caroline Coleman-Davies for assistance: C.C.Coleman@Swansea.ac.uk.
- Recipients are expected to use the non-teaching time at Swansea to explore and develop new collaborations in research, teaching and/or student exchange.
- Recipients are required to submit to Swansea University a report following their visit for Erasmus+ auditing purposes.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:
- A completed application form (.doc)
- A letter of invitation from the proposed host College, Department or subject area at Swansea University
- Applicants are required to submit their application through Dr Jaime Ortiz, (Vice Provost, Global Strategies and Studies, University of Houston).
- Enquiries can be directed to Dr Caroline Coleman-Davies: C.C.Coleman@Swansea.ac.uk.
- Applications should be submitted to: Corinne Rees: C.M.Rees@Swansea.ac.uk.
- The closing date for applications is January 15, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be notified by January 30, 2017.
Terms and Conditions
- Each grant comprises €820 for travel and €160/day for subsistence for a maximum of 11 days. Any costs incurred above this will not be covered by Swansea University and will have to be covered by the recipient, the recipient’s home institution, or other funds secured by the recipient.
- Only tenured and tenured-track faculty are eligible to apply.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete Erasmus+ documentation in advance of their visit to Swansea – this will be supplied by Swansea University after grant recipients have been selected; Grants cannot be paid unless this documentation is completed.
- Applicants whose application for Erasmus+ funding is not successful may still make their proposed visit to Swansea University if they can secure sufficient funds from other sources to undertake the visit.
- Grants will be paid retrospectively after the visit has taken place on submission of required documentation and feedback.
- The duration of the visit to Swansea University may exceed 11 days, but the award value and teaching commitment remain unchanged.
- The timing of the visit should be agreed with the host College, Department or subject area at Swansea University and must be completed by May 31, 2018.
- Grant recipients will be required to make their own arrangements in relation to travel, accommodation and visas.