Comprehensive professional development that works around any schedule
Magna Commons is an online, cloud-based professional development resource for faculty and administrators.
The University of Houston has a yearly subscription, which means the entire campus has on-demand access to a library of the best Magna Online Seminars. Because all seminars are online, users can access this resource whenever and wherever they are. Watch seminars at home, at work, in a group, on a tablet, or even on a smartphone.
- Featuring leading educators and consultants
- Thought-provoking, content-rich presentations
- Lively discussions that give practical and actionable results
- Campus-wide — all faculty members can access all programs for an entire year
- Flexible — Watch seminars at home, at work, in a group, on a tablet, or even on a phone
- Accessible — transcripts included for each program
The University of Houston has purchased access to Magna Commons and 20-Minute Mentor Commons. Click on the icons below to visit their websites.
As a member of our campus community this online content from Magna Publications is available at no cost to you. Since 1972 Magna has been a leading provider of higher education professional development resources. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
Magna Commons offers on-demand versions of Magna’s most popular Magna Online Seminars, covering a broad range of topics of interest to faculty & administrators.
20-Minute Mentor Commons offers on-demand versions of Magna’s popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a broad range of faculty development topics.
STEP 1: Activate your group subscription access
- Email FED@uh.edu to get your authorization code
- Go to magnapubs.com/sitelicense/registration.html?v=uh0315
- Enter information in each of the required fields. In the Authorization Code box, enter the group Authorization Code that was emailed to you and click Submit. (If you don’t have an authorization code, please email FED@uh.edu).
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once. Please do not share the Authorization Code with anyone outside our campus community.
STEP 2: Access the group subscription
- Go to www.magnapubs.com/profile
- Enter your email address & password & click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use “Forgot your password?” to reset it.
- Hover over your name and click My Online Access and you will see the content you have access to.
- Call 800-433-0499 ext. 2 (outside the U.S. & Canada call 608-246-3590 ext. 2.). Our office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday
- Email email@example.com
- Online Chat