The Provost is pleased to provide tenured faculty at the rank of associate professor with an opportunity to apply and be considered for sponsored participation in the Faculty Success Program. The University of Houston is an institutional member with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) – an organization that offers online workshops, webinars and seminars on topics relevant to faculty life.
The Faculty Success Program is a highly acclaimed intensive 14-week virtual boot camp that combines empirically tested methods that are intended to improve research productivity through intense accountability, coaching, and peer support that will also help academics thrive in their careers and enhance work-life balance.
For more details: https://www.facultydiversity.org/fsp-bootcamp
The Summer 2018 Session will take place May 20 - August 11, 2018.
Limited Number of Sponsorships Available
The Provost will provide full tuition for ten tenured associate faculty members to participate in the 2018 summer session. Participants will be chosen through a competitive internal selection process managed by the Office of the Provost, Faculty Engagement and Development.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must be 1) tenured faculty at the rank of associate professor and 2) a member of NCFDD.
Participants are expected to complete the 15-week program and fully participate in weekly calls and exercises.
Following the program, participants are expected to implement an activity to “give back” to the Cougar community within two semesters after participation in the program. Examples of “give back” activities include:
- Weekly or monthly writing group for faculty
- Service Learning Project for Faculty or Graduate Students
- Hosting a FED Café workshop for faculty
- Sharing relevant planning and time-management techniques with graduate students to set them up for success (e.g. semester plans, teaching plans, and/or writing blocks).
To be considered for funding for the 2018 summer session, please complete a brief statement (1-2 pages) detailing the following and submit it to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 4th at 5:00 pm:
- Your Name, Title, and Department
- What you hope to gain from participating in the program and how that aligns with your professional goals.
- A description of current efforts to contribute to diversity, equity, or inclusion in your department or broader campus community.
- A description of how you plan to give back to other University of Houston faculty or graduate students following your participation in the program.
- The name and contact information for one reference (e.g. your department Chair or mentor).