Nominations accepted for full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty who have demonstrated excellence in the promotion of globalization of teaching, research, and/or service.
Nomination deadline: Friday, January 31, 2020
Nominees under this category must be:
- Full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty who have been in residence at the University of Houston for at least two academic years prior to the year of nomination;
- And if a previous award recipient, submitting the nomination no earlier than in the third academic year following a prior award.
Nominations must include:
- Nomination form;
- Letter of nomination;
- One-page statement of the globalization philosophy by the nominee. This should be a self-reflective statement of the nominee's beliefs and goals concerning the UH campus globalization process and should discuss specifics of how they put their beliefs into practice to achieve UH campus globalization goals;
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae, that focuses on his/her contributions to one or more of the following internationally related activities:
- Leadership in learning abroad
- Development or redesign of curricular, co-curricular, or area studies
- Foreign languages immersion
- Recruiting of international students and visiting scholars
- Promoting and enhancing meaningful strategic partnerships
- Engagement in multicultural campus activities
- Other significant programming initiatives such as international research grants or Fulbright designation
Nomination must be electronically submitted no later than Friday, January 31, 2020 to Dr. Jaime Ortiz at email@example.com.
The Provost has charged the Global Strategies and Studies Advisory Council with soliciting and evaluating nominees. They will make their recommendations and submit all relevant materials to the Provost.